With June fast approaching, we're ready for summer. To us, summer means haiku, writing in notebooks, ice tea, cheap beer, going on adventures, canoes, BBQ, and above all, sunshine! Which is why we asked you, our wonderful readers, to describe the first day of summer in one sentence. The responses we got were fantastic; full of sun, fun, and some of the most creative similes we've ever seen!
Our hardest job each week is choosing only 10 responses out of thousands of submissions. But we'd like to thank everyone who submitted! Each response was unique and full of flavor.
Here are 10 sentences that will make you wish summer would last forever!
10. Relaxation means something else in the summer...
9. To some it means bare feet...
8. To others, it means the end of winter.
7. And that familiar feeling of sunshine...
6. The first day of summer is freedom.
5. Freedom from boredom.
4. Freedom from school.
3. Freedom from long nights.
2. But to some, the heat is torture.
1. Just remember to save us a seat by the pool!
What's your favorite thing about summer?